Sunday, February 12, 2017

Doughnuts & Cheese




Chris and I had a day of double-dates!  First up, breakfast with Moma and Daddy at Bigfoot's Little Donuts!  You've probably seen their Airstream on South Parkway near Airport Road.




These doughnuts are truly little!  Sort of the size of a munchin from Dunki' Donuts.

You buy them by the dozen, all one flavor.  We ended up each getting a dozen so we could try a bunch of flavors!  We got Funnel Cake (my fav!), Peanut Butter & Chocolate, Blueberry and Lemon. I have a feeling it won't be our last visit!


Our next outing was with Abby and Nick to Belle Chevre ,a goat cheese creamery in Elkmont, AL.  I found a Groupon deal that was too good to pass up!  The Groupon included a tour, samples plus cheese to take home.


I'm not a goat cheese fan but love exploring North Alabama and we had the best time!  I loved the design of the whole place...so trendy!







We got to visit the goats...


..then watch the cheese being packaged.



Here's a behind the scenes glimpse into our marriage...that's me forcing Chris's head through the face hole!  Anything for a good pic!


We had a great Saturday with our fantastic, fun family!  I'd highly recommend both Bigfoot's Little Donuts and Belle Chevre for your next weekend outing!

No comments: