- We fa la la la la-ed our way to Home Depot to get our tree.
- We love having a live tree and the start of the Christmas season!
- I love how classically Christmas a tree looks on top of an SUV.
- We were festive...lighthearted...even silly on our drive home.
- We couldn't stop taking tree selfies!
- Then we got him inside. Not only was it crooked, but the lower 3 feet had only ugly branches.
After analyzing the situation and trying to find solutions we landed on only one possibility: we took it back to Home Depot for a refund. Yes, they take back live Christmas trees.
Oddly enough, this is not the first time a member of my family has had to take back a tree! You will not have a hard time believing Pat Forester has taken back a live Christmas tree to Walmart. That one lives in family lore because it kept falling over- after we had it decorated!
Lesson: keep your receipt for EVERYTHING!
Chris and I are now on a hunt for our next tree...something that really should only be a once-a-year thing!